Halibut Fishing Excursions
Hoonah Fishing Excursions with Game Creek Guides offers something for everyone. Our fishing charter times match the cruise ship schedule. Bring the whole family.
Tours are usually four hours long, but can be adjusted based on cruise schedule
Game Creek Guides welcomes you to Hoonah and Icy Strait Point, our home and where some of Southeast Alaska’s finest wilderness opportunities can be found. From Brown Bears to Bald Eagles, Sitka Blacktail Deer to Ducks and Geese, the area teems with wildlife. And then there are the fish: Halibut, five species of Pacific Salmon, Cutthroat and Steelhead Trout, Dolly Varden and numerous of the lesser species of saltwater fish make this a sportsman’s paradise. Humpback whales are abundant for the viewing as are Stellar Sea Lions.BOOK NOW
Whether you are on an Alaskan cruise or traveling independently, we can accommodate your schedule.
Don’t see your preferred time for a tour? Feel free to contact us for custom trips and departure times. Our summer season is from May through September and involves fishing trips, whale watching, bear viewing, sightseeing tours or any combination of these.
What to bring
- Participants must have a State of Alaska Fishing License. You may purchase one online via the link in your confirmation email.
- Please dress for the weather. We suggest a good rain jacket and dressing in layers.
- You are welcome to bring your own coffee/tea and your preferred snacks.
- All fishing gear and bait
- Water and granola bars
- Guests on our first charter of the day will be picked up directly from the Excursion Hub at Icy Strait Point. Your tour will conclude in Hoonah, with a convenient shuttle available to return to Icy Strait Point.
- Guests on our second or third charter of the day will be expected to take the convenient shuttle from Icy Strait Point to meet us in Hoonah. Guests will be dropped off at Icy Strait Point at the conclusion of charter.